- BRAC Research and Education Division
Program related research on development and health topics.
- Childinfo – Monitoring the Situation of Women and Children
Contains UNICEF data, statistics and publications on child health.
- CIDA: Project Browser
Database that showcases the profiles of all CIDA funded projects.
- CMAJ – Canadian Medical Association Journal
Database of publications
- Cochrane Child Health Field
- Cochrane Neonatal reviews
- Cochrane Pregnancy and Childbirth Group
A gateway to global development information on international development issues.
- EVIPNet – Evidence Informed Policy Networks
Focusing on low and middle-income countries, EVIPNet promotes partnerships at the country level between policy-makers, researchers and civil society in order to facilitate both policy development and policy implementation through the use of the best scien
- Family Care International
FCI seeks to improve the health and well-being of women, girls, and newborns in the developing world.
- Global Health Council Publications
Provides current information on global health issues. MNCH topics are available under their publication section.
- GLOWM: The Global Library for Women's Medicine
Peer reviewed, expert clinical resources on women’s healthcare.
- Health Sciences Online – HSO
Database of articles, guidelines and other learning resources on health sciences topics.
- Health Systems 20/20
Health systems database associated with USAID.
- Healthy Newborn Network
- HSRProj (Health Services Research Projects in Progress)
Provides information on health services research and public health projects.
- International Development Research Centre (IDRC) – Canada
Database of IDRC’s projects descriptions and research outputs.
- Knowledge For Health (K4H)
Up-to-date knowledge and tools to strengthen family planning and other public health efforts worldwide.
- Research for Development (R4D)
Health is one of the research themes of this database with a specific MNCH resource section.
- RMNCH Knowledge Portal: Essential Knowledge for Policy& Practice an Maternal, Newborn and Child Health
Essential knowledge resources for policy and practice in MNCH.
- Save the Children: Online Library
Online resource of toolkits, guidelines and policies on children’s issues.
Online database with access to national statistics.
- WHO Global Atlas of the Health Workforce
Provides access to the public domain to static maps and related documents, publications and statistics on infectious diseases.
- Action Canada for Population and Development
- Canadian Coalition for Global Health Research
- Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA)
- Canadian Society for International Health
- DFATD Project Browser
- Every Woman Every Child
- Global Alliance for Prevention of Prematurity and Stillbirths
- Global Alliance for Vaccines and Immunizations
- Global Fund to Fight Aids, Tuberculosis and Malaria
- Global Health 2035
- Global Health Research Initiative
- Global Health Workforce Alliance
- Grand Challenges Canada
- Health Unbound
- Interagency Coalition on Aids and Development
- International Confederation of Midwives
- International Council of Nurses
- International Federation of Gynecology and Obstetrics
- International Pediatrics Association
- International Planned Parenthood Federation
- Maternal Health Task Force
- Maternal Health Task Force (MHTF)
The Maternal Health Task Force (MHTF) contributes to shaping collective efforts to improve maternal health worldwide, serving as a catalyst to address one of the most neglected areas in global health and development.
- MHealth Alliance
The mHealth Alliance works to catalyze the power of mobile technologies to advance health and well-being throughout the world, with a focus on low-income countries
- mHealth and MNCH: state of the evidence
Reviewing evidence on the use of mHealth to improve maternal, newborn and child health: trends, gaps, stakeholder needs, and opportunities for future research.
- mHEALTH in low resource settings
Provides up to date information surrounding mHEALTH in low resource settings. Many of the initiatives pertain to maternal, neonatal and child health.
- Micronutrient Initiative
- Mobile Alliance for Maternal Action (MAMA)
MAMA is engaging an innovative global community to deliver vital health information to new and expectant mothers through mobile phones.
- Partnership for Maternal, Newborn and Child Health
Training Tools and Guidelines
- Program for Global Pediatric Research
- RESULTS Canada
- Roll Back Malaria
- The Bill and Melinda Gates Institute for Population and Reproductive Health
- The White Ribbon for Safe Motherhood
Information on Specific MNCH topics/issues, national alliances, how to get involved with the movement
- UN Women
- UNFPA – United Nations Population Fund
- White Ribbon Alliance
- WHO – Partnership for Maternal, Newborn and Child Health (PMNCH)
- WHO- Maternal, Newborn, Child and Adolescent Health
Specific Topics related to MNCH, Programming, monitoring and research, Data, statistics and epidemiology, Document centre, News and events, Multimedia.
- Women Deliver
- World Bank
- Country Countdown Toolkit
Toolkit designed to help accelerate progress within country systems to increasing MNCH survival.
- Emergency Health and Nutrition Toolkit
Toolkit is intended to better prepare technical staff for the health and nutrition issues related to emergency preparedness and response.
- Essential Obstetric and Newborn Care Toolkit
developed by the USAID-funded Maternal and Child Health Integrated Program (MCHIP) as a resource of current evidence, materials and experiences from around the world—with an emphasis on programs in Africa.
- GTZ / DFID (2009), Toolkit for Community Empowerment in MNCH
It aims to help groups to work together to decide on what issues are important to them in their community. It generates ideas so groups can go on to plan activities and services for their local area.
- Healthy Native Babies: Project Workbook and Toolkit
Toolkit and Training workbook on healthy babies.
- Immpact Web Toolkit
Designed as a guide to evaluate and measure the efficacy safe motherhood programs. This toolkit also provides valuable information for policy makers.
- International Committee on Maternal and Child Health Handbook
The Maternal and Child Health Handbook is a book that contains essential information, kept by the family, to promote and maintain the health of mothers and children.
- Maternal Infant Young Child Nutrition – Family Planning (MIYCN-FP) Integration Toolkit
Focuses on implementing family planning and child nutrition strategies.
- Maternal Survival Toolkit
Behaviour change interventions to increase maternal survival.
- Newborn Home Interventions Study (Newhints)
Geared towards community based health volunteers on counseling and examination of pregnant/recently delivered mothers and newborns.
- Postpartum Hemorrhage: Prevention and Management Toolkit
Tools for prevention and management of postpartum hemmorhage.
- Pre-Eclampsia/ Eclampsia: Prevention, Detection and Management Toolkit
Prevention, detection and management of pre-eclampsia
- Respectful Maternity Care Toolkit
This toolkit is targeted toward promoting respectful practice with regards to maternal and newborn care.