Postponement of the CanWaCH Global Health Impact Expo + Exchange
Along with our members and partners, the Canadian Partnership for Women and Children’s Health (CanWaCH) continues to be very concerned by and is closely monitoring the public health implications associated with COVID-19. After careful consideration of all factors, including yesterday’s confirmation by the World Health Organization that the virus is a pandemic, CanWaCH has decided to postpone the Global Health Impact Expo + Exchange that was scheduled to take place in Ottawa, Canada on April 28-29, 2020.
n event like no other! Join us for the Global Health Impact Expo + Exchange, brought to you by the Canadian Partnership for Women and Children’s Health (CanWaCH) in partnership with Plan International Canada, World Vision Canada, and Global Affairs Canada.
The Expo + Exchange will be a dynamic, fast-paced exploration of Canada’s historic and innovative leadership in global health, development and gender equality. Ten years have passed since Muskoka II investments and the event will focus on how we can further advance our global impact and strengthen connections between Canadian organizations working to improve the health, rights, and wellbeing of women, children, and adolescents everywhere.
From finance experts to project officers to public engagement specialists and organizational leaders, the multi-faceted programming will be designed to benefit everyone at your organization, and Global Affairs Canada subject matter experts will engage throughout the event. For specific areas of interest, flock together with like-minded experts and passionate advocates at the unique ‘Birds of a Feather’ networking and discussion sessions.
And don’t forget to invite your followers and supporters! This is the perfect opportunity to immerse themselves in the hands-on, experiential exhibits that showcase the solutions, tools and practical applications that are enabling the Canadian global health and development community to advance the impact of our programs and projects around the world.
With complimentary entry to the Expo, visitors will have full access over two days to three pillars of content: stage sessions, interactive exhibits, and networking sessions. Capture the full range of content and topics of focus at the event by accessing all three pillars throughout the scenic 50 Sussex event centre, home of the Royal Canadian Geographical Society.
Registration is required for this FREE, public event. Sessions will sell out early.
Day One Session Highlights:
- Advancing Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights and Nutrition, among other health outcomes, with robust data collection and evaluation.
- Innovative approaches to working at the community level with a variety of groups and leaders.
- Networking Focus: Youth, Organizational Leaders, Data/M&E, SRHR, Nutrition, Awarding Excellence in Global Health & Gender Equality
- Sneak Peak at Day 2: Beijing +25
Day Two Session Highlights:
- Refining our collaboration on the principles of gender equality and its integration into our programming and technology.
- Leveraging technology and innovative methods to strengthen and communicate impact.
- Networking Focus: Youth, Gender Equality, Engaging Canadians, Humanitarianism & Fragile Contexts, Mutlilaterals