SMO Exhibit Development Competition
Postponement of the CanWaCH Global Health Impact Expo + Exchange
Along with our members and partners, the Canadian Partnership for Women and Children’s Health (CanWaCH) continues to be very concerned by and is closely monitoring the public health implications associated with COVID-19. After careful consideration of all factors, including yesterday’s confirmation by the World Health Organization that the virus is a pandemic, CanWaCH has decided to postpone the Global Health Impact Expo + Exchange that was scheduled to take place in Ottawa, Canada on April 28-29, 2020.
As an added opportunity at the Global Health Impact Expo & Exchange, CanWaCH is accepting applications from Small and Medium-Sized non-governmental or civil society organizations for financial, design and marketing support to develop an engaging exhibit or installation.
The objective of this competition is to provide SMOs with greater capacity to showcase their organization and their work and to better engage with key audiences including donors, potential partners, governments and Canadians. Winners will have a new exhibit to use at events and opportunities in future months and years with their exhibits launching at the Global Health Impact Expo & Exchange, providing exposure to key audiences, including Global Affairs Canada.
Available opportunities to be awarded are contingent on the number of sponsoring partners secured for this initiative.
What you can win
- An engaging, interactive exhibit that you will launch at the Global Health Impact Expo & Exchange and have available to use at future events.
- You will be partnered with a Global Health Impact Expo & Exchange partner who will offer financial support combined with their design, creative and marketing expertise to develop an engaging or interactive exhibit featuring your organization and your work. The estimated value of combined financial and in-kind support is a maximum of $7500. You and your partner will be provided with special recognition throughout the Expo for your partnership and collaboration. Each partnership will be unique depending on the SMO selected and the GHI partner you are matched with.
- Complimentary CanWaCH Membership for one year.
- Travel expenses for one or your organization’s employees to attend the Global Health Expo & Exchange to staff your exhibit.
How it works
Complete the form where you will tell us about your organization, its work, the populations you’ve reached, a tool you’ve created, or a solution, framework, program or platform you’ve spearheaded that showcases Canadian impact and leadership in global health and international development. Tell us why it’s important for your work to be showcased in an engaging or interactive way. How will your example support other organizations in their work? What is the potential for your work to engage Canadians and Canadian leadership?
If you have a creative concept or idea on how you would like to feature your work, tell us about it. However, a prepared creative concept is not a requirement.
Do you qualify?
To qualify for this competition, you must:
- Have an operating budget of less than $5 Million annually.
- You must be a CanWaCH member or be willing to become a CanWaCH member (complimentary).
- Your submission will be considered by a committee of CanWaCH staff, Members and partnering sponsors for this competition. They will consider:
- Your pitch – that’s why it’s important to tell us about your work and why featuring it will demonstrate impact and engage!
- Organizations from under-resourced communities or rural and remote areas. This is not a requirement but a consideration.
- Linkages of your exhibit proposal to one of SDG 2, Zero Hunger (focus on Nutrition), SDG 3, Good Health and Well-Being, SDG 5, Gender Equality and Women’s Empowerment, SDG 6, Water and Sanitation.
Applications to the SMO Competition will be accepted until December 20, 2019.
Should your submission be selected, you will be notified no later than January 24, 2020. Your Exhibit space at the GHI Expo & Exchange will be complimentary.
A Memorandum of Understanding between your organization, CanWaCH and your partnering organization to guide the development of your exhibit must be finalized and signed no later than February 7, 2020.
You must commit to operating and staffing your exhibit from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm on Tuesday, April 28th and from 9:00 am to 4:30 pm on Wednesday, April 29th. Travel expenses for one employee from your organization will be reimbursed by CanWaCH. Exhibit set-up takes place starting at 7 am on April 28, 2020. Longer set-up requirements will be explored on a case-by-case basis.
Applications will be reviewed by a committee of CanWaCH staff, Members along with SMO Exhibit Development Competition partnering organizations.
Thank you to our partners.