The countdown to Women Deliver has officially begun! The Women Deliver 2019 conference is only 100 days away. It’s time to get in the #WeDeliver2019 spirit – here are 10 things to do before the start of the conference.
1. Join the #WeDeliver2019 Mobilization
Women Deliver 2019 Mobilization Canada is a rallying cry for unity in gender equality and girls and women’s empowerment. It facilitates cross-issue dialogue, understanding and collaboration to strengthen advocacy agendas and policy recommendations. Join now.
2. Learn about the Action Areas & Legacies
Here are the three key action areas of Women Deliver 2019 Mobilization Canada:
- Gender Responsive Health System and Services
- Gender-Based Violence
- Women’s Economic Empowerment and Equality Opportunity
3. Attend a Mobilization Event
Find an event near you!
4. Host a Mobilization Event
Submit your Mobilization event to the Women Deliver 2019 Mobilization Canada Events Calendar.
5. Call on Decision-Makers to Take Action on the Legacies
Check out the Mobilization toolkit for resources, key messages, and more!
6. Call on Decision-Makers to Take Action on the Thrive Agenda
As part of the Mobilization, we are calling on decision-makers to commit to long-term, sustainable and increased health investment to fill critical gaps. CanWaCH has been working closely with our members and sector partners to develop a bold vision for the future of Canadian leadership in women, adolescent and children’s health and rights around the world. Learn more about the Thrive Agenda here.
7. Connect with another Mobilizer
The Mobilization would not be possible without the incredible support and involvement of Mobilizers across Canada and the world! Find one to get involved with here.
8. Send the Mobilization Your Content
Contact Caitlin Reid for more details.
9. Participate in Mobilization Monday
Every Monday, the Mobilization asks a gender equality-themed question. So, next Monday, share your answers using the hashtags: #MobilizationMonday #WeDeliver2019 and make sure to tag @CanadaWD2019 for it to be shared widely with other mobilizers!