The Stakeholder Engagement and Policy Working Group (SEPWG) supports CanWaCH efforts to inform and advise various Canadian stakeholders about women and children’s health globally. This includes advice on reporting, strategic priorities and resource allocation.
All organizations who are members of CanWaCH are eligible to nominate staff to participate in the SEPWG. Every effort will be made to have a balanced profile of membership on the SEPWG (NGO, Academic and Professional Association, size and geographic representation).
To be nominated, a candidate should meet the following criteria:
- Be an employee for a CanWaCH member organization.
- Experience engaging with the federal government in the area of policy development and/or government relations.
- Ability to engage in discussions regarding women, adolescent and children’s health issues in developing countries from a policy perspective.
- Knowledge of programming experience of their organization in women, adolescent and children’s health, if applicable.
- Active participation in international networks addressing women, adolescent and children’s health issues is a strong asset.
- Available for meetings a minimum of 1 hour once per month via Zoom. Meetings of a longer duration may be scheduled on occasion as required. In-person meetings will be scheduled occasionally when feasible (a minimum of once per year).
- Able to commit approximately 3 hours per month for meeting preparatory time and/or meeting follow-up (e.g. sharing SEPWG updates, executing on actions identified by the group, representing SEPWG at occasional events, etc.).
Membership will last 3 years. Membership is linked to the CanWaCH member organization and not the individual. Thus, in the event of a departing individual, the organization may delegate its spot on the SEPWG to another appropriate individual from the organization.
Nominations will be accepted until 5 pm EDT on Friday, April 10, 2020.
Self-nominations are accepted but must be accompanied by a letter of support from within your organization (maximum 300 words) sent to María Wong, Stakeholder Engagement Officer.