On International Youth Day 2020 (August 12th) we were joined LIVE by young leaders from across Canada who are making a difference in their communities and around the world.
Youth Spotlight: A Conversation with SheDecides 25x25 Young Leader Aditi Sivakumar
The COVID-19 pandemic has underscored the importance of strong health systems and health workers at the frontlines. It has also significantly impacted the daily lives of many Canadians as people adapt to new physically-distanced realities that accommodate public health and safety measures. We spoke with Aditi Sivakumar about being a young leader in the midst of a pandemic and what she thinks is needed for a just, equitable global recovery from COVID-19.
- Aditi Sivakumar, SheDecides 25x25 Young Leader
- Aminata Wurie, Global Partnerships Officer, CanWaCH
Ask an Expert: Starting your Career in International Development
Do you have questions about working from home? Finding job opportunities? Remote interviews? Networking online? We understand that advancing your career may be especially challenging during the COVID-19 pandemic. Hear tangible tips and pieces of advice from experts in this panel!
- Hayley Mundeva, Founder and CEO, ThriveHire
- Alli Bunting, Manager, Programs & Operations, CanWaCH
- Book Club with Femme Wonk
Book Club: A Conversaion with Katie Davey, Host of the Femme Wonk Podcast and Book Club
Are you a bookworm with a passion for making the world a better place? Katie Davey, host of the Femme Wonk Podcast & Book Club, shares reading tips and ideas on how you can learn more about policy, politics, and current affairs in a fun and engaging way!
- Katie Davey, Founder & Host, Femme Wonk
- Erin Jex, Gender Equality Officer, CanWaCH
How do we define a young leader?
What does it mean to be a “young leader”? Why is it important? Does age really matter? Across sectors, the definition of youth or young leaders can vary significantly. We had a conversation about defining “youth” and what makes a “young leader” in Canada’s international development community.
- Onome Ako, Executive Director, Amref Health Africa in Canada (Moderator)
- Julia Anderson, Interim CEO & COO, CanWaCH
- Yipeng Ge, Youth Delegate for Canada, World Health Assembly (WHA73)
- Natasha Harris-Harb, Youth Advisor, United Nations Girls' Education Initiative (UNGEI)