Interested in serving on the CanWaCH Board with a group of individuals dedicated to global women and children’s health? Now is your chance!
CanWaCH Board members exemplify leadership and dedication to global health and gender equality, are available to attend at least four board meetings a year (in person and/or teleconference), are willing to sit on CanWaCH’s various committees, and are prepared to serve on the Board for a three-year term.
Role of Board Members
Board members are responsible for:
- establishing policies and strategic directions for CanWaCH;
- safeguarding CanWaCH’s assets;
- serving as a contact with the CanWaCH membership;
- representing CanWaCH to policy makers and others interested in women and children’s health; participating in, and chairing when necessary, committees of the organization;
- assisting in the recruitment and retention of members;
- participating in Board meetings.
Please note, to the extent possible, the Board will be representative of gender, official language, regional, sectoral, and discipline diversity.
Nomination Procedures: nominees must be nominated by at least two of their peers from CanWaCH member organizations. Individuals from member organizations who are interested in serving on the Board of Directors but have not been nominated are encouraged to contact Alli Bunting, Manager of Programs and Operations, before the close of the call for nominations. All nominations will be reviewed by the nomination committee and interviews will follow.
The nomination form includes a one-paragraph statement (maximum of 250 words) of what the nominee would contribute to the Board. The paragraph should cover:
- background of the nominee, in general and related to global health and gender equality;
- current position/role of the nominee;
- skills/experience that the nominee would bring to the board;
- existing or prior participation in CanWaCH activities.
Election Procedures: elections will be conducted in accordance with CanWaCH by-laws and will take place at the CanWaCH 2019 AGM in November in Ottawa, Ontario.
If you have any questions about the nomination process or need any other assistance, please do not hesitate to contact Alli Bunting.