Join CanWaCH’s Board of Directors!
Interested in serving on the CanWaCH Board with a group of individuals dedicated to global health and gender equality? Now is your chance!
CanWaCH Board of Directors (2018)
The CanWaCH Board of Directors supports good governance, accountability and the strategic direction of the organization. As CanWaCH commences a new strategic plan, we are looking for enthusiastic leaders who can bring their passion and expertise to support CanWaCH’s initiatives and objectives. The current Board of Directors is an extraordinary group of individuals who exemplify leadership and dedication to global health and gender equality.
Role of Board Members
Term: Board members serve three-year terms, for a maximum of two terms.
Time commitment: Board members are available to attend at least four board meetings a year (in person and/or teleconference).
Committees: Board members are willing to sit on Board committees, including:
- Finance, Audit and Risk Committee,
- Human Resource and Governance Committee,
- Ad-hoc committees
Responsibilities: Board members are responsible for:
- establishing policies and strategic directions for CanWaCH;
- safeguarding CanWaCH’s assets;
- serving as a contact with the CanWaCH membership;
- representing CanWaCH to policy makers and others interested in women and children’s health; participating in, and chairing when necessary, committees of the organization;
- assisting in the recruitment and retention of members;
- participating in Board meetings.
Please note, to the extent possible, the Board will be representative of gender, official language, regional, sectoral, and discipline diversity. CanWaCH particularly welcomes submissions from qualified applicants from diverse communities, including but not limited to: Indigenous communities, newcomer Canadians, visible minorities, women, persons with disabilities, and LGBTQ2I communities.
Nominees must be nominated by at least two of their peers from CanWaCH member organizations. If you are interested in nominating an individual or are interested in serving on the Board of Directors but have not been nominated, please contact Alli Bunting, Manager of Programs and Operations, before the close of the call for nominations.
The nomination form includes a one-paragraph statement (maximum of 250 words) of what the nominee would contribute to the Board. The paragraph should cover:
- background of the nominee, in general and related to global health and gender equality;
- current position/role of the nominee;
- skills/experience that the nominee would bring to the board;
- existing or prior participation in CanWaCH activities.
All nominations will be reviewed by the nomination committee and interviews will follow.
Election Procedures: elections will be conducted in accordance with CanWaCH by-laws and will take place at the CanWaCH 2020AGM in November via Zoom.
If you have any questions about the nomination process or need any other assistance, please do not hesitate to contact Alli Bunting.