Global Affairs Canada (GAC) has opened a call for preliminary proposals as part of their five-year pilot initiative targeted at Canadian small and medium organizations (SMOs). The pilot initiative seeks to engage Canadian SMOs in international assistance efforts in areas consistent with Canada’s Feminist International Assistance Policy, which seeks to reduce extreme poverty and build a more peaceful, inclusive and prosperous world. Proposed projects must align with at least one of the action areas outlined in Canada’s Feminist International Assistance Policy.
- Action Area 1 (Core Action Area): Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women and Girls
- Action Area 2: Human Dignity (please note that proposals for humanitarian assistance projects will not be considered under this call)
- Action Area 3: Growth that Works for Everyone
- Action Area 4: Environment and Climate Action
- Action Area 5: Inclusive Governance
- Action Area 6: Peace and Security
CanWaCH would like to congratulate the brilliant leadership of the provincial and regional councils for working collaboratively to carve out dedicated space for SMO's in Canada's development assistance.