CanWaCH extends our sincerest thanks to the Honourable Marie-Claude Bibeau for her leadership as Minister of International Development since 2015 and for her work to advance the lives of the world’s most marginalized and vulnerable people as she assumes the role of Minister of Agriculture and Agri-Food.
5 things we appreciate about our time with Minister Bibeau
- Her leadership in delivering and implementing the Feminist International Assistance Policy
- Her bold leadership in championing the sexual and reproductive health and rights for women and girls
- Her dedication to empowering women and girls in fragile environments and humanitarian settings
- Her work in the fight to stop sexual and gender-based violence around the world
- Her admiration and dedication to sharing the inspiring stories of women and girls from across the globe
In a federal cabinet shuffle today, Minister Monsef’s responsibilities were expanded to include international development, adding to her role as Minister for Women and Gender Equality.
5 things that excite us about Minister Monsef
- Her role as a tireless champion for gender equality
- Her leadership on issues touching Canadian women and girls as Minister of Women and Gender Equality
- Her unique perspective having worked closely with Minister Bibeau on promoting gender equality around the world
- Her mobilization across both cabinet roles in the lead up to the June 2019 Women Deliver conference and beyond
- Her collaboration to advance the Thrive Agenda, a bold vision for Canada's next phase of leadership in women, adolescent and children's health.