TORONTO, ON – Nov. 12, 2019 – Plan International Canada announced today that President and CEO, Caroline Riseboro, is stepping down to pursue a new leadership opportunity in the philanthropic healthcare sector.
“While the Board of Directors is sad to see Caroline move on, at the same time, we are incredibly grateful for her significant contribution over the last four years,” said Patsy Anderson, Board Chair, Plan International Canada. “We recognize that the Plan International Canada Caroline joined four years ago is not the same organization she will be leaving, and we are very proud of the transformation and incredible success we’ve achieved together. Because of Caroline’s transformational leadership, Plan International Canada will continue to thrive for many years to come.”
Caroline Riseboro joined the organization in March 2016 as the youngest person to ever lead a major Canadian charity. Along with senior leadership, she embarked on an organizational transformation – a journey that has had measurable impact both internally and externally. Plan International Canada has had significant achievements throughout Caroline’s tenure, including:
- Solidifying Plan’s position as a leader in gender transformative programming, tackling the root causes of inequality while positively impacting 20 million children and young people around the world.
- Raising close to $900 million by engaging generous supporters from around the world, including over 1 million Canadians.
- Winning one of Canada’s Most Admired Cultures awards – recognizing Plan International Canada for innovative culture that enhances performance and sustains a competitive advantage.
- Igniting a global call for girls’ education in crisis situations, resulting in G7 leaders committing an unprecedented $3.8 billion – the single largest contribution of its type in history.
- Becoming the 2nd largest charity in Canada based on revenue, jumping from 7th in 2016.
“I want to take a moment to thank all the incredible team members, colleagues and staff, both here in Canada and around the globe, that I have worked with over the last four years,” said Caroline Riseboro. “This journey was made possible because of their dedication, together with the support of our donors, corporate partners and the Government of Canada. As I look ahead, I’m confident in the ability of Plan International Canada’s leadership team and Board of Directors to continue to chart a path to success.”
After 20 years in the international development sector, Caroline looks forward to a new opportunity to impact healthcare delivery and services at the local level.
Plan International Canada’s Board of Directors has begun a recruitment process, and Caroline’s last day will be at the end of January 2020.
Plan International Canada is incredibly grateful for Riseboro’s transformative leadership and will continue to inspire Canadians to believe in the power and potential of every child, creating a world where all can unleash their full potential.