CanWaCH members work every day to support women and children throughout the world in realizing full health and wellbeing. The diversity of members working across this strong Canada-wide network each bring considerable value to the work of CanWaCH. Members also receive the benefit of increased opportunities for collaboration, engagement, and knowledge exchange.
In addition to members, CanWaCH associates are a diverse groups of academics, health professionals, students, international organizations, and others working to improve women and children’s health.
How to Join
- Members: Canadian organizations with full voting rights. To apply, click here.
- Associates: Non-voting participants (often individuals) in CanWaCH member activities, who do not meet all criteria for full membership. To apply, click here.
Both members and associates have access to a wide variety of benefits, including:
- Exclusive access to editing and inputting project details in the CanWaCH Project Explorer.
- Ability to upload articles, events, press releases, news and commentary, job postings and other content to the website.
- Eligibility for discounts on registration fees for CanWaCH events, including the CanWaCH Annual General Meeting, conferences, workshops and other training opportunities. Member discounts (if a fee is applicable) will be listed for the respective events.
- Eligibility for application to participate in CanWaCH working groups:
- Prioritized promotion of submitted content in CanWaCH monthly newsletter and via social media channels.
At the 2017 AGM, CanWaCH members approved the following fees, to be implemented beginning in 2018-19. Fees will be due November 1st, in advance of the Annual General Meeting and voting rights at the AGM will be contingent upon good standing.
Member, Annual Operating Budget Under $5 million: $500.00
Member, Annual Operating Budget Over $5 million: $1,000.00
Organizations or associates who are unable to pay the membership fee may apply to the CanWaCH Staff (firstname.lastname@example.org) to have the fee waived for the year.
Please note: Membership applications will be processed in waves corresponding to CanWaCH’s fiscal quarter. The CanWaCH Governance Committee meets around the following times: January, April, July, and October, and membership status will be confirmed following those deliberations. The CanWaCH team will be in touch with further details regarding the confirmation process.