Public Engagement Working Group
The Public Engagement Working Group will provide input, expertise and advice towards CanWaCH's public engagement coordination and outreach. The terms of reference are as follows:
Pursuant to the vision, mission and strategic plan for CanWaCH, the Public Engagement Working Group will:
1. Provide input into CanWaCH Public Engagement coordination efforts, such that the Partnership strengthens the ability, and amplifies the voice, of our partners to engage the Canadian public and builds greater awareness of the importance of investing in women and children’s health globally. This includes providing advice and support towards:
- CanWaCH’s efforts to monitor, support and share partner public engagement activities within the Partnership and to target audiences; and,
- The identification of key milestones and opportunities for CanWaCH members to collectively strengthen those activities.
2. Provide review, expertise, and advice on the CanWaCH Public Engagement Campaign. This includes review and feedback on products produced by CanWaCH and contractors as part of this campaign, such as:
- In-depth research and analysis on target audiences’ behaviour (concerns, issues, beliefs, mindset), as it relates to international development assistance and with a particular focus on women and children’s health;
- Content, including key messages, Q&As, tool-kits, social media assets and more as applicable to align with CanWaCH members behind a common platform to influence the Canadian public’s engagement and behaviours in relation to investment in women and children’s health globally;
- Processes that will enable CanWaCH members, regardless of internal capacity, to deliver on their public engagement mandates; and,
- Media outreach conducted as part of the CanWaCH Public Engagement Initiative.
3. Provide advice on measuring and reporting on the success of public engagement activities by CanWaCH and its partners.
4. Provide input to the CanWaCH Stakeholder Engagement and Policy Working Group (SEPWG) on the reporting and results of public engagement activities by CanWaCH and its partners to government stakeholders.
5. Provide support and awareness for CanWaCH public engagement coordination and campaign initiatives across the membership by acting as public engagement ‘ambassadors’.
|Jennifer Foulds (Co-Chair)||Amref Health Africa in Canada|
|Terry Chemij (Co-Chair)||World Vision Canada|
|Alexandra Otis||Canadian Coalition for Global Health Research|
|Katherine Boyes||Aga Khan Foundation Canada|
|Alex Wysocki-Najar||Canadian Association of Midwives|
|Stephanie Wiafe||HealthBridge Foundation of Canada|
|Jessica Bryant||Save the Children Canada|
|Gabriel Perriau||Humanity & Inclusion Canada|
|Zahra Baptiste||Canadian Feed The Children|
|Alison Gareau||Plan International Canada|
|Meagan Foreman||Grand Challenges Canada|
|Daniel Quesada||Horizons of Friendship|
|Deanne Berman||Seva Canada|
|Spencer Henson||University of Guelph|
|Courtney Campbell||Youth Delegate|
|Tyler Warnock||Youth Delegate|