Youth Bursary Program
Postponement of the CanWaCH Global Health Impact Expo + Exchange
Along with our members and partners, the Canadian Partnership for Women and Children’s Health (CanWaCH) continues to be very concerned by and is closely monitoring the public health implications associated with COVID-19. After careful consideration of all factors, including yesterday’s confirmation by the World Health Organization that the virus is a pandemic, CanWaCH has decided to postpone the Global Health Impact Expo + Exchange that was scheduled to take place in Ottawa, Canada on April 28-29, 2020.
Join us for a one-of-a-kind event in Ottawa to advance and showcase Canada’s innovative leadership in global health and gender equality.
CanWaCH is committed to ensuring that young Canadians across all geographies and backgrounds can attend and actively participate in the Global Health Impact Expo + Exchange.
The bursaries provide financial assistance to young Canadians who would otherwise be unable to attend. The bursaries are open to individuals between 18-30 years old (as of January 1, 2020). Preference will be given to applicants who are studying, working, volunteering and/or interning on global health and gender equality with grassroots or community organizations and entities with small operating budgets. Additional consideration will focus on providing access to and ensuring representation from marginalized and diverse groups.
Application Deadline: March 18, 2020, 5:00 PM EST
Please note that only selected applicants will be contacted. Successful candidates will be notified the week of March 30, 2020. If you have any questions, please email us at info@CanWaCH.ca.
Eligibility and Requirements:
- Must be between the ages of 18-30 years old as of January 1, 2020
- Must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident (only domestic travel to/from Expo will be covered by the bursary)
- Must fill out the application questionnaire
- Must provide a demonstrated ability to actively participate in the lead up to and during the Expo
- Be able to actively participate in calls/committees in the lead up to the Expo
- Demonstrate ability to provide leadership over a Youth Alley space
- Demonstrate ability to actively engage in either the exhibition or exchange portion of the Expo
Important criteria for the selection of delegates include:
- Must demonstrate an interest in, and understanding of global health and gender equality
- Demonstrate experience as an advocate for social change, community engagement, and passion for the well-being of others;
- Be committed to learning new information, gaining new skills; and sharing their own work
- Able to participate in CanWaCH’s projects before, during and even beyond the 2020 Expo.
An Expo Bursary Recipient will:
- Attend and actively engage at the Expo (either by submitting an exhibition or engaging in Expo programming)
- Actively promote the Expo with others on social media, traditional media and other communication channels
- Build strong networking relations with the other Conference Delegates, Bursary recipients, and other stakeholders in order to ensure lasting engagement and capacity-strengthening continues after the Expo.
- Submit a brief report or testimonial either in writing or other medium on their experience as an Expo bursary recipient that may be used in social and/or traditional media by CanWaCH
- International travel will not be covered
- Travel from home to major transportation hub (e.g. airport) will not be covered, except where the costs would impact the recipient’s ability to attend
- Local travel in Ottawa will not be covered
- Recipients will be provided with a stipend to cover extraneous expenses, but will otherwise be expected to pay for any other costs not noted here.
If you require accommodation during any stage of the bursary process, please email email@example.com.